Push enemies into water or set them on fire. Use the environment and smart positioning in this tactical, turn based RPG. Enemies telegraph their moves and a timing mini-game decides the damage of your attacks. Equip and level up your heroes and take control of the Guardians of Gridvale!
“Picture Into the Breach, Fire Emblem and Paper Mario having a threesome with XCOM sitting next to the bed with a camera”
– Luis Regueira (creator and only player at time of writing)
- Use the environment. Push enemies into the water, freeze water to create bridges, stand on hills to extend the range of your projectile attacks or set grass on fire and enjoy watching the world burn.
- Timing based attacks. Dice rolls can be fun but missing that 99% shot can feel worse than a kick in the family jewels. Better to do guaranteed damage that depends on skill instead!
- Peek into the future. Enemies clearly show their plans and change them as you make your moves so you don’t have to waste actions based on crazy guesses and hearsay.
- Fast paced turn based combat. No need to go and make coffee while waiting for excruciatingly slow animations to complete.
- Unique skill trees. Each hero has their own unique skill tree that you can tweak to suit your play style. Don’t like to play defense? Then turn your pacifist cleric into a bloodthirsty mass-murderer. Well, maybe not exactly like that but you get the point!
- Customizable difficulty. Make the enemies frail like soft tissue paper or reduce their damage. If your reflexes are a thing of the past you can always make the timing mini-game go slower. I won’t stop you if you want to make the game harder either.
- Classic 2D perspective and old school pixel art. Grandparents generally can’t handle rotating cameras nor fancy “3D” graphics so I made a game that works for them too!
- A story full of idiots and stupid jokes. Who said that saving the world needs to be boring, dark and dull?
Subcribe to the newsletter to stay updated on it’s development: http://tinyletter.com/sinistersiamese